Each Participating Institution, as part of its Joinder Agreement, represents and warrants that it meets the eligibility criteria for participation in SMART IRB. SMART IRB will conduct a basic process to confirm that an executed Joinder Agreement delivered to SMART IRB is complete and actually coming from the institution identified in the Joinder Agreement. SMART IRB will not substantively review how institutions have met such criteria (for example, what method the institution used to conduct the required HRPP quality assessment). Once that confirmation is complete, an institution can be activated for participation in SMART IRB.
Articles in this section
- Do affiliated institutions that are legally separate but covered under a single FWA need to join SMART IRB individually?
- If one institution provides IRB review for several affiliated but legally separate institutions do all institutions need to join individually?
- If my institution’s FWA specifies that we rely on the IRB of another legally separate institution, do both institutions need to join SMART IRB?
- If a group of affiliated institutions with separate FWAs (e.g., a university-hospital system) wants to participate in SMART IRB, can one member of the group join on behalf of all?
- Does my institution need to have an IRB in order to participate in SMART IRB?
- Can government agencies that conduct or review research participate in SMART IRB?
- Can independent IRBs (not affiliated with an institution) participate in SMART IRB?
- Who determines whether a Participating Institution meets the eligibility criteria?
- What are the SMART IRB eligibility criteria?