When reviewing a reliance request and study materials and as applicable, each institution should determine whether it will cede HIPAA privacy board review and, if so, confirm that the Reviewing IRB is willing to serve as the privacy board. This communication can occur outside the Online Reliance System and/or when the institution records its willingness to rely on the proposed Reviewing IRB in the System.
Articles in this section
- Indicating willingness to rely on the Reviewing IRB
- Identifying a Reviewing IRB
- Local context considerations
- HIPAA privacy review
- Communications from the Reviewing IRB
- How do sites determine whether the SMART IRB SOPs will be used?
- Can sites that choose not to rely on the Reviewing IRB still participate in the study?