Yes, unless use of single IRB review is a funder or sponsor requirement. For sites that choose not to rely on the reviewing IRB, their own IRB can review and approve the study in accordance with their usual procedures, or a commercial or alternative external IRB can be used.
Articles in this section
- Issuing the Site Specific Determination Letter
- Indicating willingness to rely on the Reviewing IRB
- Identifying a Reviewing IRB
- Local context considerations
- HIPAA privacy review
- Communications from the Reviewing IRB
- How do sites determine whether the SMART IRB SOPs will be used?
- Can sites that choose not to rely on the Reviewing IRB still participate in the study?