This article covers the following:
- How investigators/submitters can make changes to an in-progress request
- How Reliance POCs/Backups can make changes to an in-progress request
- Making changes after pre-check is complete
All reliance requests first go to the Overall PI's home institution Reliance POC for a "Pre-Check"; this step in the workflow is an opportunity for the POC to identify any areas that require correction, as well as to assess whether the study is eligible for a reliance arrangement.
How investigators/submitters can make changes to an in-progress request
If the request has been submitted but it has not yet passed the Pre-Check step, the submitter of the request can reopen it and make any necessary changes (e.g., correcting a typo in the study title or an email address, or making a change to the requested reviewing IRB) by following these steps:
1) On the Request Details page click the "Reliance Request" link in the left hand column.
2) At the bottom of the subsequent page there will be a button to reopen your request.
How Reliance POCs/Backups can make changes to an in-progress request
If the request has been submitted but it has not yet passed the Pre-Check step, the Reliance POC or the Reliance POC Backup of the Overall PI's Home Institution can send the request back to the submitter for revisions (e.g., changing the requested reviewing IRB or uploading additional documents)
by following these steps:
1) At the bottom right of the Reliance Pre-Check Form, click "Request needs revision."
2) On the subsequent page, you will be prompted to enter a reason for reopening the request, to help the submitter understand what they need to change. The submitter of the request will receive an email notification that the request has been reopened and will be provided with the reasons.
Making changes after pre-check is complete
Once a request has passed the Pre-Check stage, it CANNOT be reopened for edits. If there are changes that must be made to the request it will need to be withdrawn and resubmitted. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.