In March 2020, we launched some new improvements to the interface of the Online Reliance System. Click on each item below to learn more.
A Quick Preview of Reliance Requests
On the homepage of the Online Reliance Request, users can expand on the request to view a quick summary. Click on the down caret to expand the request.
Every user role has a different view.
Quick Preview Components:
Each section of the Quick Preview provides a high level of information about the request in 4 components: Keep scrolling to see details for each.
- Status: Overall Status, Amendment Status, and Sites Involved
- User's role on the request
- Action Required/Not Required
1. Overall Status: Displays the current state of the request.
1a. Amendments: Displays the count of amendments that are open.
1b. Site Involved: Displays the count of sites involved and their reliance decisions.
2. Displays the user's role with the request whether you are the submitter of the application, a site investigator or a POC of an institution.
3. Action Required/No Action Required: Displays any quick actions the user can take or will display no action required.
4. Details: Displays any additional details for the request. (image above)
Request Activity has new visual components that communicate the Reviewing IRB status and the Sites involved in the request.
Request Activity Menu:
1. Contact List: Displays the contacts related to this request.
Request Activity Visual Status:
3. Overall Status: Additional key info will be highlighted in red, this includes:
- Details: any additional information about the status of the package
- New sites added: displays whenever there is an amendment added to the package
4. Sites Involved Chart: Visually displays the status and/or decision for all sites involved in the request.
- Add Site link: (Available to Applicant - Submitters only) Enables the applicants to quickly add a site to the reliance package
5. Reviewing IRB status: Displays the identified Reviewing IRB and status at different stages in the request; clarifies whether this is a preliminary or final designation.
Institution decisions and determinations:
6. Displays information or actions related to all institutions on the request.
7. Institution Cards: Displays each institution's reliance decisions, actions to be taken, and/or links to relevant form/documents.
8. Comments from Reviewing IRB & Request History: Displays comments from the Reviewing IRB and the history of all request events. (image above)
After an amendment is added, the Amendment page is added to the left navigation, below the Determination. For more information about adding additional sites to a request, click here.
Institution POC's action to take on an amendment:
A submitting applicant's view:
Applicants and Institution POCs have the ability to withdraw their own request (except if the request is in reliance reached). The Withdraw Request link can be found in the More menu.