An Institution's Reliance POC has the ability to manage an Investigator's access within the User Management dashboard.
This article covers the following:
- Navigating to the User Management dashboard
- Getting Familiar with User Management
- Understanding User Status
- Managing Users (applicants)
Navigating to the User Management dashboard
The POC can access the dashboard through the Users tab by logging into smartirb.reliance.org or through the New User Request email that is triggered when a new Investigator requests for access.
Getting Familiar with User Management
1. Search - You can use the search bar to search by user name, email address, or institution (if you serve as the POC for multiple institutions).
2. Filter Status - By default, the table will show users that are in a state of Confirmed or Requested, since these are the two states for which you will most often need to take action. However, you can use the Filter Status box to show all users or just users with a specific status.
3. Edit Actions - By clicking on the pencil icon, you can make changes to the user's status.
4. User Expansion - Clicking on the carat icon will expand that user row to reveal the internal comments and history log.
Understanding User Status
There are 4 states that a user account can have:
- Requested: The user has requested for access and has NOT verified their email.
- Confirmed: The user has verified their email and is awaiting POC approval.
- Activated: The user has been approved by the POC and now has access to the System
- Deactivated: The user has been deactivated by a POC and can no longer access the System
Approving New Users (applicants)
To approve a new user for access, the user must first be in a Confirmed state. Click the pencil icon in the far right-hand column to enable editing of the user's status. Change the state from Confirmed to Activated. To save the change in status, click the green checkmark. To cancel or undo the changes, select the red X.
Resending Confirmation Emails
If a user has requested access, but either did not receive or has since lost the confirmation email, it can be resent to them. Click the carat icon next to the user in question and click the "Resend Confirmation Email" button.
Deactivating or Denying Access
To deny access to a user who has requested access, Click the pencil icon in the far right column to enable editing of the user's status. Change the state from Confirmed to Deactivated, then click the green checkmark to save the change.
NOTE: The user will NOT be notified that their access has been denied.
The process to deactivate an active user is the same. Select the pencil icon to edit the user's status, change the status to Deactivated, and save the changes by clicking the green checkmark. You can change a deactivated user's status back to active via the same process.
Managing POC accounts
To add, remove, or edit POC accounts, an existing POC can send the name and email address of POCs that need to be edited to firstname.lastname@example.org.