Sections 5.8 and 6.6 of SMART IRB Agreement v2.0 provide that when a federal agency is a Relying Institution, it will provide a conflict of interest assurance to the Reviewing IRB that agency personnel may participate in the Research. Information about the NIH Intramural Research Program’s conflict of interest policies and processes (with links/citations to those policies and the underlying laws/regulations) can be found in the document titled “FAQ on the Conflict of Interest Policies of the NIH Intramural Research Program for SMART IRB.” That document addresses questions about what information NIH can and cannot disclose to the Reviewing IRB.
Articles in this section
- Background on SMART IRB Agreement v2.0
- Background: Why are the revisions to the SMART IRB Agreement reflected in SMART IRB Agreement v2.0 necessary?
- Background: How will SMART IRB Agreement v2.0 allow NIH to collaborate with extramural organizations?
- Admninistrative Issues: If my institution has already joined SMART IRB Agreement v1.0, can my institution continue to use that Version 1.0?
- Administrative Issues: My institution is not serving as a Reviewing IRB for the NIH nor is it ceding IRB review to the NIH Intramural Research Program IRB. Does my institution need to sign SMART IRB Agreement v2.0?
- Administrative Issues: If my institution serves as a Reviewing IRB for the NIH engaged and for other institutions engaged in the Research, would all of the institutions engaged in that Research need to sign SMART IRB Agreement v2.0?
- Administrative Issues: Does my institution need to re-execute a Joinder Agreement to sign Version 2.0 of the SMART IRB Agreement?
- Administrative Issues: Re-execution of a Joinder Agreement to sign Agreement v2.0 & satisfaction of Section 1.2, HRPP Quality
- Administrative Issues: Does my institution need to document which version of the SMART IRB Agreement covers each of our reliance arrangements in effect?
- Reporting: How will reporting of noncompliance and unanticipated problems be handled by NIH?
Article is closed for comments.